After 3 Episodes Based on the popular Japanese manga that began in January 2002, Bleach is the newest shonen anime to come out.Kurosaki Ichigo is a fifteen year old high school freshman who can see ghosts.But one day, an evil spirit, called a Hollow, finds its way to town. Shinigami (God of Death) Kuchiki Rukia, a girl plagued with the task of vanquishing evil spirits.Ichigo finds himself in the middle of the Shinigami/Hollow battle. Rukia soon is injured and transfer some of her powers to him.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bleach-97, 98 & 100


Soi Fon powers up into emo-mode to defeat Mabashi the clown

Wow, episode 100. It seems like I picked this up only yesterday, back in the days when I was desperate for something more than Naruto or Yakitate Japan. I remember watching the first episode and enjoying the semi-dark nature (nothing compared to D.Gray-man or Death Note), which I soon learned wasn’t very dark at all. But still, to have kept me watching for 100 episodes without fail is pretty impressive. *applause*

As for the future, I doesn’t really concern me since I don’t read the manga, which means I don’t really have a problem with the fillers in terms of where the plot is headed. What I do have a problem with the quality of the plot and the quality of the episodes in general. Hopefully they ended as soon as possible in order to get on with the main plot. I can only deal with these up-down types situations for so long (e.g., bad episode->good episode->bad->good, etc.).

Bleach 98


Clash! Zaraki Kenpachi vs. Ichinose Maki

Not only am I a HUGE fan of Zaraki Kenpachi, but I’m also a fan of semi-touching stories. Episode 98 delivered both in a relatively painless and rather enjoyable fashion. Finally, we get a good episode.

Well, I wouldn’t say it was worth the wait because we had to wait for what felt like ages. But I will say that the fight lived up to my expectations, and I’m happy they got to show Zaraki Kenpachi and his awesomeness. I’m a Kenpachi fanboy so my view of this episode could be skewed! But that’s your problem!

First of all, there is a new OP and ED. I didn’t really like the songs of either of them, though I did like the artwork. All the characters were dressed differently in the OP, like in black and white, and it was a lot darker than usual. I half expected them to be playing instruments for some reason, like some scene out of Beck or Nana. Oh well, I won’t be watching the OP/ED after this episode so I guess it doesn’t really matter.

Bleach 97



This episode was snoringly boring. Though, what I did enjoy was the high quality of the art which lasted throughout the entirety of the episode. Basically there was just more story/plot development and it wasn’t done very efficiently or in any sort of speedy manner. I’m guessing they wanted to give Kenpachi’s fight its own episode.

I don’t know why I didn’t enjoy this episode that much, but it just didn’t seem to go anywhere. Sure the Bounto are finally starting to move, but they’re just moving; they haven’t started fighting yet. Even so, I was amazed with the quality of this episode and latched onto that aspect as I re-watched for anything important I might have missed.

0 Comments: