After 3 Episodes Based on the popular Japanese manga that began in January 2002, Bleach is the newest shonen anime to come out.Kurosaki Ichigo is a fifteen year old high school freshman who can see ghosts.But one day, an evil spirit, called a Hollow, finds its way to town. Shinigami (God of Death) Kuchiki Rukia, a girl plagued with the task of vanquishing evil spirits.Ichigo finds himself in the middle of the Shinigami/Hollow battle. Rukia soon is injured and transfer some of her powers to him.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Bleach - 104,105 & 106


Bleach 106

This was one of the better episodes I a long while, and I’m not really sure why. Maybe it’s because we finally got decent action, or maybe because we finally got a real look at Kariya’s past. Uh, maybe it’s BOTH?!?? Whatever they did, they made this episode way more enjoyable than the others.

Someone’s in loooooooove

Let me just say that shota-Karyia is such a little babe magnet. “If I was female…” (I’ve been saying this a lot lately, oh crap) I’d be pinching his cheeks and hugging him so tight he’d be turning blue. Seriously though, what the hell happened to him?! I mean, I’ve heard it said that “power changes a man” but this is ridiculous. I’m wondering if the Bounto power source is actually controlling him, and once Ichigo breaks that, he’ll revert back to his innocent self. Too bad he’ll probably be disintegrating while this happens. Sorry Kariya, you’re still going to hell.



Bleach 105

Not as bad as I had expected from this episode. When episode 104 ended, I wasn’t sure how they were going to keep up the suspense without some action. Already the plot has started to get a little shaky and I was worried, but they managed to keep my interest so I was proud. As I always say, a little bit of back story through flashbacks never hurt if they were used correctly, and I think they did an okay job this episode. BUT next episode looks like more flashbacks of Kariya’s past, and that’s just not cool. Overusing flashbacks can be dangerous business.

I wanna first say that Ishida is a little baby. I don’t see him having a purpose and goals which he’s actively pursuing. What I see is a stubborn child who thinks he’s helping by trying to throw his life away. I don’t know if that’s what the writers were trying to portray or not, but that’s what it looks like to me. Although, I believe he might have saved Ran Tao at the end of this episode because he was so stubborn. So maybe it’s not such a bad thing, but I still see it as a poor way to write his character.


Bleach 104

I was strangely unimpressed by the route that this episode took. I was expecting a lot more from the story than this, but I guess I was basing my speculations on the quality of the non-filler arc. I guess I effectively owned myself.

Besides the plot taking a turn towards the predictable, the action of this episode bored me to death as well. It was cool seeing a new bankai, but the fight was soooo fucking boring. God damn. I ended up turning on the television to watch an old Bond movie on Spike to find my source of entertainment. Once again, we see the faults of introducing a type of badguy that uses “dolls” to fight their battles for them. It makes the battles boring as fuck! Kariya’s battles are cool because his doll is like an extension of himself, rather than an uber strong pokemon.

0 Comments: