After 3 Episodes Based on the popular Japanese manga that began in January 2002, Bleach is the newest shonen anime to come out.Kurosaki Ichigo is a fifteen year old high school freshman who can see ghosts.But one day, an evil spirit, called a Hollow, finds its way to town. Shinigami (God of Death) Kuchiki Rukia, a girl plagued with the task of vanquishing evil spirits.Ichigo finds himself in the middle of the Shinigami/Hollow battle. Rukia soon is injured and transfer some of her powers to him.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bleach - 107,108 & 109

Bleach 109


*hums The Boys are Back in Town* So the fillers are finally over with this episode, and there’s a noticeable improvement in the quality of the show. Maybe I was distracted by the shitty plot of the fillers, but I really appreciated the artwork and the acting abilities of the VAs. Or…maybe I’ve just been watching too much Cartoon Network and I should go /wrists now.

Kon kicks ass

Speaking of VAs, Kon’s VA kicks major ass, as does Kon. His excitement and worrisome nature feel believable, even when coming from a stuffed animal. I really never appreciated Kon’s character until this short scene. When he’s not getting beat on or saying stupid shit, his personality can be rather amusing. I’ve always preferred higher quality comedy than slapstick, so maybe that’s why I’m suddenly realizing this.

Got Carrots?

So we’re introduced to a new character. If you feel like being spoiled, just head over to Danny’s entry and he’ll probably give you enough information to last you until next week. As for me, I figure he’s probably got some special powers otherwise he wouldn’t be jumping on telephone poles, and the wouldn’t have shown him to us. Yeah, check out my excellent powers of deduction. *dusts self off*

Bleach 108


Well we finally have the semi-conclusion of the fillers, and as expected, it was a pretty shitty ending. I’m not going to even begin to pick out all the problems with this episode, but Danny will in a rather Retsgip-esque fashion.

I’m rather disappointed in the fact that only one character got some sort of development. Rukia, who was barely in the fillers, had a rather large revelation this episode. She realized that Ichigo was in pain because of his constant limbo between both the real world and the Soul Society. It seems that he can’t find his niche in either worlds, which would make him seem extremely lonely. Rukia gets the character development award of the bleach fillers.

Bleach 107

So this episode was alright, but I was extremely put off by the huge flashback/recap of the bounto past (for the 100th time). Even I noticed the filler-esque ups and downs of the artwork. What the hell? I felt like NHK took over the animation for this episode. Ichigo’s animation was all over the place, and it seemed like his limbs weren’t really attached to the rest of his body with the way he moved. I don’t know, this is a filler episode, but they can at least try to do a good job.

Ichigo doesn’t know the word overkill

Don’t get me wrong, I thought the action in this episode was exciting in a way. Ichigo basically went nuts for the first few minutes of the episode, which was interesting in of itself. The artwork kinda of helped portray this, but still I thought it was a little off. Ichigo looked extremely skinny at times, with weird parts being accented like his wrists or his knuckles. I dunno, but enough about the artwork. The action was someone interesting, and it basically saved the episode. I desired a little more crazy moves from Ichigo, but I can see they’re going to add more distractions in the next few episodes, so they didn’t want to lay all their cards down this episode.

0 Comments: